To implement the SEND reforms such as The Children and Families Act 2014, the Local Authority formed the Support and Aspiration Board and invited the forum to become a member. The intention of this board is to oversee new practices such as changing Education Statements to Education Health and Care Plans (EHCP) and to look at joint commissioning arrangements. The Support & Aspiration Board created ongoing projects called workstreams, SNAP work on the following projects:
- Support & Aspiration Board
- Improving Outcomes for All
- Joint Commissioning
- Preparing for Adulthood
- Local Offer
- Futures in Mind Transformation Steering Group
- Short Breaks Review
- Health EHCP Special Schools Pathway
- Children’s Emotional Resilience and Mental Health & Wellbeing Strategy
- Children Community Health Contracts review, including Speech and Language Therapy and Occupational and Physio Therapy.
- SEND Vision Document Link to Overview
- SEND Inspection Working Group
- Integration Group
- The Children’s Trust Board
To become a member of SNAP you must be a parent of a child or young person with SEND aged 0-25 and live in Central Bedfordshire. Fill out a SNAP Membership Form to join.