We are pleased to offer parents and carers the support they may need to manage and meet their child’s needs as part of the multi-disciplinary assessment (MDA). As part of
We are pleased to offer parents and carers the support they may need to manage and meet their child’s needs as part of the multi-disciplinary assessment (MDA). As part of the MDA pathway we would like to encourage you to attend any or all of the following two hour, practical workshops so that any wait does not affect the support you can get. These workshops are for parents of children under 5 years although if your child is older and you would like to attend please come along.
**Please see the flyer below for details of all the workshops.
3. Emotional wellbeing for parents and carers of children with additional needs: “You can’t pour from an empty cup”
This session will be run by a registered Educational Psychologist from Central Bedfordshire Council. The aims of the workshop are for you to:
• Find out about ‘positive psychology’ and what this tells us about happiness and wellbeing
• Learn some self-care strategies for managing stress
• Meet other parents and carers in a similar situation and swap tips and coping strategies
• Know where to go for help if things get tough
Wednesday 26th February 2020
12.30 – 2.30 pm
Leighton Buzzard Children’s Centre, St Georges Lower School, East St, Leighton Buzzard LU7 1HU
(Wednesday) 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Central Bedfordshire Councilsue.email@example.com Telephone; 0300 300 4364