Our Mission Statement:
To be a proactive group whose members collaborate with and advise Local Authority and the NHS Clinical Commissioning Group on the development and direction of their services. We aim to influence and positively affect outcomes for families in Central Bedfordshire.
Our Purpose is:
- To develop a forum representing the views of parent carers of children and young people with any special educational need or disability (SEND) aged 0-25 years, living in Central Bedfordshire.
- To work in partnership with health, education and social care, to enable the views of parent carers to influence and raise the standard of the services and support offered to children and young people with SEND and their families within Central Bedfordshire.
- To seek the views of all parent carers in Central Bedfordshire and to understand their needs and the challenges they face.
Our Objectives are:
- To build effective and lasting working relationships with those organisations that plan and deliver services to children young people with SEND and their families.
- To collaborate with the other forums in Bedfordshire in order to maximise the potential of all Bedfordshire forums
- To understand the needs and the challenges of all parent carers within Central Bedfordshire.
- To ensure that the needs and wishes of parent carers are represented and listened to by all those involved in planning and delivering services to children and young people with SEND and their families within Central Bedfordshire.
- To have Parent Representatives routinely included on local decision-making groups and boards, placing them at the centre of the decision-making process, to actively represent the views of the wider forum membership.
- To expand the membership of the forum to include as many parent carers as possible, from many different backgrounds and experience of SEND.
- To use the information gained from children and young people with SEND and their families to set the priorities of the forum, and ensure that parent participation is focused on the services that families need most.
- To build relationships and effectively work as part of the NNPCF Eastern Region to gain strength through shared experience and knowledge.
Our Values and Visions:
- To treat everybody equally, to listen to and respect other peoples’ views and be supportive of our members.
- To find constructive ways of shaping the future for the benefit of all families.
- To shape policy for the benefit of everyone, not to advocate for individual cases.
- To be constructive not emotive, and to enjoy our experiences within the forum.
- To be supportive of parent carers so that they are comfortable to contribute as much or as little as they like to the forum.
- To value the contributions that all members make to the forum, this includes a commitment to financial reimbursement where appropriate.
- To appropriately value, train and support Parent Representatives.